Our Ethos of Care
We are a private independently owned care home who believe that for the company to be successful we need to treat everyone concerned with the organisation well. Our aim is to deliver the best care possible in the best environment.
The company is committed to providing a good quality of care to each and every one receiving our service. We will endeavour to listen to you to enable us to provide you with a person centred care approach based on information you give us. The company strives to create an environment that surpasses the expectations of the residents their families and the wider community
We will keep you informed, always respect your choices and value you as a person maintaining a person centred approach.
We will maintain a homely environment that is always welcoming, comfortable and safe.
All our staff are continuingly developing their skills and knowledge so they can maintain a high standard of care within your home.
We believe that it is a privilege to support our residents so they can independently maintain a high quality of life while living in our care home.
Philosophy of Care
Our overriding aim is to deliver the best quality of care possible, which surpasses all expectations in an exceptional, homely environment.
We also aim to:
- Understand how the ageing process affects each resident causing physiological, psychological and sociological changes.
- Assess residents individual needs to plan and carry out appropriate care to meet those needs, and to evaluate the care plan in consultation with the resident and/or their advocate/next of kin.
- Identify methods promoting independence, individuality and dignity in the resident, and of enabling them, if able, to make their own choices.
- Encourage the resident to become a member of a family and a community.
- Encourage and assist with organisation of leisure activities appropriate to the needs of the resident.
- Establish good communication with the resident, family, friends and to encourage them to retain involvement in his/her life.
- Respond to the physical, psychological, spiritual needs by looking to the family for information, support and kindness.
- Encourage activities and participation
- Prevent feelings of isolation
- Provide stimulating, comfortable environments
- Respect individual freedoms and beliefs
- Communicate clearly and regularly
Events and activities
Central to our philosophy of care is the provision of a wide range of activities and opportunities for social contact.
At Cherry Blossom Care Home we employ a full-time events manager who encourages residents to enjoy a feeling of accomplishment and self-confidence, through regular and varied activities.
We will always do our best to facilitate residents’ choices of activities.
Below are some examples of the type of activities we offer:
- Live music
- Visits by theatre groups
- Films in Cinema room
- Gardening club
- Beauty salon
- Day trips
We work with every resident and their families to tailor a care plan to the individual needs of that person.
Each and every resident has differing needs. That’s why we invite potential residents to visit us, not only to see the extensive facilities we offer but for us to best assess the residents’ needs.
We are dedicated to creating an atmosphere of care and choice which enables and encourages our residents to live a full, interesting and independent lifestyle, in a luxurious and safe environment.
Residents enjoy the kind of independence they desire whilst having the comfort of knowing 24 hour care is available to provide the help and support they may need at any time of the day.
At Cherry Blossom Care Home residents benefit from having qualified nurses on site 24 hours a day, whilst also enjoying the comfort of living in a non-instituted and luxuriously-appointed environment.
Cherry Blossom Care Home is specifically designed for the special needs of people with dementia and other memory impairments.